Every Sunday I revue – the fun kind of review – the past week. I base this on the old style Friday Chicken from Havi’s blog at The Fluent Self.
- doing tasks for 15 minutes
- 40-20 rule
- asking myself if I really wanted to do something (and I did)
- tapping (EFT)
- not judging myself
- looking at my Must Do/Could Do list before getting ready for bed
Next time I might
- ablutions at 9pm and get back on the computer if I want to
- feeling sleepy
- feeling bored and antsy at work
- my plant babies: they have scorched leaf tips, but I re-potted them last week in new soil; so, since it takes a while for plants to show physical symptoms of a nutrient deficiency, I can’t tell if a week is long enough for the new soil to have corrected the problem or not – also I don’t know what the problem is because the symptoms can be the same for like 10 different conditions!
- my partner gets really talkative about Big Things and The Future around 10pm, and I really want to talk about those things too, but I also want to go to bed.
- working on an interesting project at my job
- lots of sun : )
- good progress on my digital art project by drawing 15 minutes a day
- going to my mom’s and having yummy noms!
- finally posting my Maria Sibylla Merian post
- had a bunch of great ideas during meditation
- feeling grateful
- made some turmeric milk and it was pretty good (I tried two recipes and combined them – see below)
to serve 2 (1 cup):
1 cup milk (any kind of animal or plant milk)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced or diced)
1/2 teaspoon ginger (or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced or diced)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch black pepper
1/2 teaspoon honey
Mix the spices separately. Heat milk on medium and add spices and honey as soon as liquid is warm. Heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir every minute or so to prevent a “skin” from forming on the liquid surface.