Every Sunday I revue – the fun kind of review – the past week. I base this on the old style Friday Chicken from Havi’s blog at The Fluent Self.
This week was amazeballs! After my Jen Louden weekend, I felt in my bones the need for a human-scaled life and the fact that there is no super-me in the future who is totally different from Now-Me and will magically Do All The Things.
I also watched a bunch of videos on YouTube at work > : P They ranged from Extra History to Iterative Drawing – videos that taught me something and made me feel like I wasn’t wasting eight hours of my day being bored. I highly recommend this if you have your own office. Open a private browsing window and go to town (although be aware that the main URL, like “youtube.com” will still be registered and possibly visible to your boss).
What worked this week
- watching videos at work!
- remembering I am a human and I have to deal with human limitations
- reducing my to-dos
- having to-dos organized by big time spans (season) to little (day)
- dancing every day!
- not deciding
- stopping when I felt I should
- being observant
Next time I might
- listen to the Oasis in my room
- present concepts to my partner without telling him where they came from, because he is really resistant to listening to other people… what’s important is that he hears the ideas
- lack of light
- some weird, overly-personal phone conversations I heard at work… just cuz your door is closed doesn’t mean we can’t hear you!
- my partner has been sick
- my partner spontaneously came over and hugged me : )
- not feeling like I’ve wasted my week at work!
- learning new things
- feeling great
- getting important stuff done
- I opened a Redbubble store and put my first artwork in!
- I’ve gotten back to posting regularly on my art blog
- I danced every day : D