Every Sunday I revue – the fun kind of review – the past week. I base this on the old style Friday Chicken from Havi’s blog at The Fluent Self.
Recently I’ve been dealing with the effects of letting things go too long, like not washing the dishes until the weekend… so that I spend the whole weekend washing dishes.
No more! I am now adopting the practice of Neat Bee: this is “Nipping It In The Bud” after some fun wordplay:
Nip It In The Bud = NIITB = sounds like “neet bee” = Neat Bee!
Bees are very neat (organized) because they are Nipping It In The Bud all the time, figuratively and literally! Also bees are neat (cool). Also bees are busy, and I am busy, but they get everything done in their own time, and I want to get everything done in my own time too.
What worked this week
- looking at my to-do list… more often than I did last week, anyway
- practicing what Emily Fletcher calls “Come to Your Senses” (paying attention to each of your senses as part of meditation)
- being aware of and not judging my scared feelings about visibility, bigness, and changing my life
Next time I might
- be a Neat Bee!
- focus on nourishment
- look at my to-do list way sooner in the evening
- strengthen my force field every morning
- prepare my lunch the night before
- a terrible, nausea-inducing headache Wednesday afternoon that wiped out the rest of my day
- my partner giving me sarcasm when I asked him to do some housework – yeah, I’ve got to nip that in the bud for real
- fruit flies are gross
- bored at work
- Come to Your Senses is really nice and feels refreshing
- yummy food
- finished some legal paperwork
- I am re-choreographing a song I started over two years ago and it’s coming along nicely