I write a Monthly Passage, which I learned from Havi’s blog at The Fluent Self, to let go of last month and enter the new month with intention.
July was truly the month of Harmony – I made so many big connections that were right in front of me all along. I clearly felt and heard the yesses and nos in my life, and turned toward what nourishes me. The superpower for July was Hearing the Melody, and I heard it loud and clear!
- giving myself permission to feel my feelings
- staying in the present
- recognizing what drains me and what nourishes me
- eating yogurt and berries for breakfast
- going to bed when I feel tired
- drinking nettle infusion in the morning
- realizing my job is not the real world
Next time I might
- lower my expectations
- do less
- plan more (so I do less!)
- remember there is plenty of time
- forgive myself
Qualities I want for August
Strong boundaries. Clarity. Detachment. Presence in the present. Nourishment. Growth.
Things I’m working on
- speaking up at home about my feelings
- paying equal attention to all parts of my life
- learning Sass on Codecademy
- learning about making games
Looking forward to
- More epiphanies!
Asking and hoping for
I’m ready for
- getting used to more happiness
- my business taking care of me