Every Sunday I revue (the fun kind of review) the past week. I base this on the (old style) Friday Chicken from Havi’s blog at The Fluent Self.
- going to bed!
- yogurt & berries for breakfast
- getting up with my alarm
- sleeping in today
Next time I might
In Havi’s most recent Chicken, she says:
A breath for prowess and not taking crap, and for endless self-forgiveness when I do because triggered response patterns are ingrained and old and have reasons for having come into existence.
I have been unconsciously beating myself up for not speaking up about unfair things at work and home without acknowledging that my inability to speak comes from how I survived my teenage years. Being silent got me through and I have every right to be scared of speaking up and wanting to avoid conflict.
- being ignored
- I don’t like my job that much, but it was full of “no” this week – at every turn, just “no”
- not having enough time
- knowing that “having time” isn’t actually real but not knowing how to change my paradigm
- crunching some budget numbers and being unpleasantly surprised
- hearing the “no”s loud and clear
- I will be forgiving myself from now on
- delicious Indian food for dinner yesterday (and lunch tomorrow)